THE DEADLINE FOR ABSTRACT SUBMISSIONS FOR ISICEM 2022 is December 1st, 2021 AT 23:59 (CET).
NEW!! Please note, there is a non-refundable per-abstract processing fee of €30 (€15 for submissions from low income countries - see list here), which must be paid by credit card at the end of each abstract submission. Your abstract submission is not complete until payment has been received. If you have any issues with processing the payment, please contact our webmaster: firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be notified of abstract acceptance or rejection in mid-January 2022. There will be no refunds for abstracts that are not accepted or for abstracts that are later withdrawn by the author.
For all accepted abstracts:
1. you will be expected to prepare an e-poster for display during the ISICEM and will have the opportunity to present your e-Poster to a jury of faculty members. Instructions for the e-Posters will be sent with the acceptance email. Presenters of accepted abstracts must complete registration for ISICEM before 7 March 2022 (this is in addition to the abstract processing fee) or the e-poster will not be displayed. The submitting author will be considered as the contact author and the presenting author. If you wish to delegate another author for this role, please email Mrs Colette Dutillieu: email@example.com
2.your abstract will be published, as submitted, in a supplement issue of Critical Care available on the Critical Care website (www.ccforum.com). By submitting an abstract via this site, you agree to this publication, if accepted. Abstracts will be automatically rejected if plagiarism is identified. It is the authors' responsibility to submit abstracts with no errors in spelling or grammar. Abstracts will not be corrected prior to publication.
ABSTRACT FORMATTING INSTRUCTIONS
All abstracts must be typed in Times New Roman (or equivalent), font size 11, single-spaced.
The total length of the abstract text must not exceed 2000 characters including spaces.
All abbreviations must be defined at first use except for the very well-known.
Up to 10 authors (submitting author + maximum 9 co-authors) are allowed per abstract. The submitting author will be the contact author.
Each abstract must contain the following components:
- Title: Must be short and specific. Type in sentence format (with one capital at the beginning), in bold font.
- Introduction: The first sentence(s) should state the hypothesis, purpose, or specific objective of the study.
- Methods: : Briefly describe the study design, patients or subjects, procedures, and measurements.
- Results: A summary of the results should be provided with relevant data.
- Conclusion: The abstract should close with a brief statement of conclusion.
- Reference(s): If included, cite number in text using square brackets . In reference list, note first author only followed by 'et al' where necessary, then journal name, volume, page range and year of publication. Do not include the article title (e.g., Vincent JL et al. ISICEM News 35:1-5, 2015)
- Table/Figure: A maximum of 1 table OR 1 figure can be included to illustrate the results. All tables/figures must be cited in the text. Tables can have a maximum of 5 columns and 8 rows. Figures should be approximately 8 cm wide at 300 dpi (630 to 945 pixels wide) and can be submitted in any of the following formats: jpg, gif, bmp. Figures should be created or exported from their native software at the correct size and resolution.
- Case reports: Must be submitted using the same 5 components (Title, Introduction, Methods, Results, Conclusion)
- Consent to publish: If the abstract contains details relating to individual participants (for example a case report), written informed consent for the publication of these details in the abstract and in Critical Care must be obtained from the participant(s) and a statement to this effect should appear at the end of the abstract.
NO ABSTRACT LIST FOR THIS MOMENT